Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our New Gel Board

Mrs. Burns made us a gel board! There is so much we can do with our new board but today we started with letter formations and loved it!

How to make your own gel board:
You need one large bottle of any hair gel. I used Dap hair gel, it's inexpensive and colored so it's still fun for the kids! I used two freezer zip lock bags to ensure no leaks occur. I then duct taped the bag down to a board so it could be used on the laps of my students or could become mobile and used anywhere in the room. I used fun colored duct tape to help with its appeal. I added the alphabet line from Handwriting Without Tears at the top as a guide for the students. They write letters and drew anything they wanted. They loved it! 


2 comments:

  1. How did you make these?

    Cute pictures!

    -Nathalie

    Preschool for Rookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I made these boards with freezer bags and filled them with hair gel! I used Dep for this project. I then duct taped the bag to a hard surface (in this case a white dry erase board) and then added an alphabet strip to the top. Hope this helps! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete